Monday 5 October 2009

Autumn Faerie Slippers


I knew I would fall for felting and so I did.
Here are a pair of little faerie slippers, just right for a jaunt in the autumn leaves! Well probably not as they'd get very wet!
They are inspired by the lovely faerie slippers of Annette Emms http://rowanspatch.blogspot.com/. Unfortunately I didn't get her faerie slipper pattern that appeared in #50 of Stitch magazine, drat, they'd sold out! So I've improvised and designed these ones which came out OK.
Hand stitched and made from felt and faux suede with glass seed bead embellishments. They measure about 6cms long (2 and a bit inches in old money :-} ).
They are of course what your fashionable faeries will be wearing this autumn!
(They're not just faerie slippers they're M & S faerie slippers - that's Munchkin and Sprite the famous faerie shoemakers, but you knew that didn't you?)
I just love the bright orange felt. It just reminds me of all the lovely fat pumkins that are beginning to appear in the shops now. Anyway must dash - have a creative, fab week!
Cheerio

3 comments:

  1. i adore these little slippers, i'd definitely wear them if my feet were small enough! I love the little rabbit too, i am inspired to get some felt and make an animal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comments Lou. Go ahead and give it a go. Felting's quite simple. You can get a lovely pack of coloured felts for a fiver at the Range (Exeter) and pick up a couple of felting needles off of the internet. Let me know if you have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so gorgeous, i love the colour too. I am also a great admirer of annettes work. i am adding you to my blog roll, hope thats ok x ruthie

    ReplyDelete